Welcome to the M.V.A.S. forum. If you are an M.V.A.S. member, to gain access to members only boards, such as Club Announcements, Match Results and individual Water boards, ensure you have filled out your M.V.A.S. Membership number when registering an account, and set an avatar in your Profile after you've registered. For a Help Guide, click here.

Register a new account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduce Yourself
Hi All. Just rejoined the club and taking up the sport again after a 15 year break. I'm familiar with most of the waters but can't place where Claygate as listed in the membership card is, your help would be appreciated.
Hi Del, welcome back to the club. From Maidstone it's one of those venues that you could get to a variety of ways but I would normally go via Yalding and Collier Street. I've copied the information from the waters page for you.
Definitely worth a day out during the colder months when other waters struggle. Postcode is TN12 9PL 

As of March 1st 2018 MVAS club members will be able to fish lakes Eva and Sophie from Monday - Friday on production of their membership card FOC for one rod only. A second rod would be charged at £2 per day.
If you wish to use keepnets the fishery will supply these for a price of £2 per angler which would also allow for small groups of 5 or 6 anglers to have a midweek knock up, but you would not be permitted to reserve pegs for this purpose. If they wish to have a larger match a fee of £5 (including net hire) would be payable. This would enable a section of one of the waters to be reserved.
At weekends you can also fish if either or both of the above are not being used for a booking. you can call Dave on 07770 513448 in the week leading up to the weekend to check availability.
With regards Lake Amy, our members will receive a £2 discount on published prices which may be negotiable with Dave for longer stays.
Members will abide by the venue rules and if they have reason to ban you, you will also lose your MVAS ticket.
Full details of the venue location, lakes and facilities can be found here: http://www.newclaygatelakes.co.uk/
(29-10-2018, 06:56 PM)Medway Mick Wrote: Hi Del, welcome back to the club. From Maidstone it's one of those venues that you could get to a variety of ways but I would normally go via Yalding and Collier Street. I've copied the information from the waters page for you.
Definitely worth a day out during the colder months when other waters struggle. Postcode is TN12 9PL 

As of March 1st 2018 MVAS club members will be able to fish lakes Eva and Sophie from Monday - Friday on production of their membership card FOC for one rod only. A second rod would be charged at £2 per day.
If you wish to use keepnets the fishery will supply these for a price of £2 per angler which would also allow for small groups of 5 or 6 anglers to have a midweek knock up, but you would not be permitted to reserve pegs for this purpose. If they wish to have a larger match a fee of £5 (including net hire) would be payable. This would enable a section of one of the waters to be reserved.

At weekends you can also fish if either or both of the above are not being used for a booking. you can call Dave on 07770 513448 in the week leading up to the weekend to check availability.
With regards Lake Amy, our members will receive a £2 discount on published prices which may be negotiable with Dave for longer stays.
Members will abide by the venue rules and if they have reason to ban you, you will also lose your MVAS ticket.
Full details of the venue location, lakes and facilities can be found here: http://www.newclaygatelakes.co.uk/

Hi Mick, thanks for the info and I look forward checking the waters out.